Recognizing that law enforcement can only be as effective as the degree of trust society places upon those wearing the badge; and that the true test of law enforcement efficiency is the absence of crime rather than the visible efforts of police in combating it; and that in carrying out their inherent sworn duties, Police Department members may be called upon to make many personal sacrifices; including perhaps the ultimate sacrifice; the Evergreen Park Police Department declares this to be its mission and the mission of each and every one of its members.
It is the policy of the Evergreen Park Police Department to constantly strive to meet the noblest expectations of the citizens we serve and the obligations of the laws we have sworn to uphold. To this end, the following mission statement is adopted. The achievement of this mission is the responsibility of each and every member of this office.
- To take a proactive approach in achieving the distinguished goal of prevention of crime rather than its detection and punishment
- To plan effectively; use personnel efficiently and resources wisely
- To deliver the highest quality services to all members of the community and those seeking or in need of our assistance
- To preserve life and property and protect the Constitutional guarantees of all persons
- To enforce the law, apprehend offenders, preserve the peace and order, and resolve conflict
- To provide safe, secure and humane custody of all persons in our charge
- To treat all persons equally with respect, fairness and understanding
- To nurture public trust and cooperation by holding ourselves to the highest standards of performance and conduct
By Order of: Michael D. Saunders, Chief of Police
September 1, 2001