The Streets & Parks Division offers a variety of programs to the residents of Evergreen Park, such as:
- Alley grading (call Street Division with address).
- Curbside leaf pickup, November 1 through December 15.
- Curb to curb snow removal is done when an accumulation of two inches or more of snow occurs.
- Every other week street sweeping service, weather permitting.
- Free brush pickup on regular garbage days (alternating) during the months of May and September.
- This does not include whole trees that are removed by residents.
- Brush is limited to branches, shrubs and bushes that will not fit in the compost container. Residents will be charged at prevailing rates for extremely large amounts of branches or whole trees. These charges will appear on the following water bill.
Abandoned or unused cars should be removed from the street before the first snow starts so that the snow can be efficiently removed.
Do not put garbage in green compost containers.
All vehicles should be parked on the even side of the street on even days and odd side on odd days. If unsure, use house numbers to determine even / odd side. It is unlawful to park in a snow route.
Street lighting outages:
Alley lights on wooden poles are maintained by ComEd, so please report these to 1-800-EDISON1.
LED streetlights on metal poles are maintained by the Village, so please report those to (708) 422-1562