The Police Department offers a vacation watch and property inspections for those residents who become ill, leave on vacation or are otherwise temporarily unable to look after their homes.
Requests may be made over the phone or in person. Call (708) 422-2144 to add your house to the Vacation Watch Program.
The Records Division will request the following information:
- Name, address, and telephone number.
- Date of departure and expected date of return.
- Contact information on any key holders or others who may be contacted in an emergency.
- Information on visitors who may feed pets, bring in mail, etc., and information regarding lights on timers or alarms.
- A list of any vehicles parked on the property.
- Vacation Watches are made only for residential properties
- Commercial property and apartment buildings are not eligible
- Daily vacation checks will not exceed a period of two weeks. Beyond that, they will be made once a week.
There are other limitations to the Vacation Watches. Records Division personnel will be able to fully explain the proper procedure to suit your specific needs.